1. Please read the dialogues and study the vocabulary on the "All'albergo" handout.
2. Read again the dialogue and study the vocabulary on the "Al ristorante" handout. You can practice the vocabulary with this Quizlet set.
1. Please read again the dialogue and study the vocabulary on the "Al ristorante" handout. You can practice the vocabulary with this Quizlet set.
2. Translate the following sentences from (bad) English to (good) Italian:
1. I need (have need of) to go to hospital.
2. We don't need to speak with a doctor.
3. Do you have the intention to travel to Italy this year?
4. We plan to (progettare di) arrive tomorrow evening with the train.
5. We are hungry. What do we eat tonight?
6. Do you need a car to go to school?
7. She has many problems with the kids.
8. We have a problem with the car.
9. I have a problem with the tickets.
10. Do you wish to dance?
11. We are afraid of not arriving in time.
12. Do you have friends in Florence?
13. I have a question for you guys.
14. Do you have informations for us?
15. Is it possible to have two tickets for Rome?
16. They don't need our (la nostra) opinion.
17. He has a lot of experience with American tourists.
18. Is there air conditioning (aria condizionata) in the room?
19. I need to go to the airport tomorrow morning.
20. They don't plan to stay more than two days.
Una canzone molto dolce e facile da capire di Gino Paoli per credito xtra ;-).
Il cielo in una stanza
Quando sei qui con me
questa stanza non ha più pareti
quando sei qui vicino a me
questo soffitto viola
no, non esiste più.
Io vedo il cielo sopra noi
che restiamo qui
come se non ci fosse più
niente, più niente al mondo.
mi sembra un organo
che vibra per te e per me
su nell'immensità del cielo.
Per te, per me:
1. Please study the conjugation of the regular "-are" ending verbs and complete all the exercises on page 2 of the "La stanza di Lucia" handout. To help you memorize the new verbs you can use this Quizlet set. If you missed class you might want to check out the first five minutes of this video that explains the conjugation.
2. Please also read the dialogue and study the vocabulary on the "Al ristorante" handout. You can practice the vocabulary with this Quizlet set.
1. On the "Pinocchio" handout read "Due amici differenti" and complete the exercises. To read more about how Italian adjectives work you can read this article. Make sure you read both pages!
2. Read "La stanza di Lucia" on the left hand side of the page and learn the new vocabulary that you find while reading it. You can use this Quizlet set to help you memorize the words. You don't have to do any of the exercises yet on the other side of the sheet.
3. For xtra credit ;-) write a paragraph or two with the title "Bellingham" based on the text we read about Roma.
1. Please complete the exercises on page 1 "Gender and Number of Italian Nouns" (you can practice the new vocabulary here on Quizlet).
2. Complete the second page of exercises on the "Numbers" handout.
3. Study the new vocabulary we introduced in class on Quizlet by clicking here.
4. Study the conjugation of the verb "essere"
5. Please also keep studying the vocabulary on the first page of the "Città" handout (practice here on Quizlet). You don't have to complete any of the exercises on page 2 yet.
|Bellingham Language School|