1. Please read again the dialogue and study the vocabulary on the "Al ristorante" handout. You can practice the vocabulary with this Quizlet set.
2. Practice conjugating the -ere and -ire verbs on the new handout by completing exercises 4-5-6-7-8. You can use this Quizlet set to learn the -ere ending verbs and this set to learn the -ire ending verbs. If you missed class you might want to check out this video (first 1 minute and 30 sec) and this video (first 4 minutes) that explains the conjugations.
1. Please study the conjugation of the regular "-are" ending verbs and complete all the exercises on page 2 of the "La stanza di Lucia" handout. To help you memorize the new verbs you can use this Quizlet set. If you missed class you might want to check out the first five minutes of this video that explains the conjugation.
2. Please also read the dialogue and study the vocabulary on the "Al ristorante" handout. You can practice the vocabulary with this Quizlet set.
1. Please keep studying the new vocabulary on page 1 of the "Pinocchio" handout. You can practice the new vocabulary here on Quizlet.
On page 2 read "Due amici differenti" and complete the exercises. To read more about how Italian adjectives work you can read this article. Make sure you read both pages!
2. Read "La stanza di Lucia" on the left hand side of the page and learn the new vocabulary that you find while reading it. You can use this Quizlet set to help you memorize the words. You don't have to do any of the exercises yet on the other side of the sheet.
3. For xtra credit ;-) write a paragraph or two with the title "Bellingham" based on the text we read about Roma.
1. Read "Roma, kaputt mundi" and complete exercises 2 and 3 on the "Roma" handout.
2. Study the new vocabulary on page 1 of the "Pinocchio" handout. You can practice the new vocabulary here on Quizlet.
3. Please translate the following sentences from English to Italian:
1. Are you guys home today? No, we are out of town, in mountain.
2. Where are the suitcases?
3. These gentlemen are not American.
4. Is Via Tintoretto close to Piazza Giotto?
5. Excuse me Madame, is there a cash machine (bankomat) here nearby?
6. There are cash machines close to the banks.
7. Is it possible to eat outside?
8. Yes, there are tables on the patio.
9. Is there a message for us? This message is for you, Sir.
10. I'm a friend of Pasquale.
11. We are the friends from Bellingham of Pasquale.
12. Are you guys here for 3 days?
13. Why aren't you at school today?
14. Is there an autobus for Siena this evening?
15. There is no bus but there are two trains later.
1. Please complete the exercises on pages 1 and 2 of "Gender and Number of Italian Nouns" (you can practice the new vocabulary here on Quizlet).
2. Complete the second page of exercises on the "Numbers" handout.
3. Study our vocabulary on Quizlet by clicking here.
4. Study the conjugation of the verb "essere"
5. Please also keep studying the vocabulary on the first page of the "Città" handout (practice here on Quizlet). You don't have to complete any of the exercises on page 2 yet.
|Bellingham Language School|