Classes cancelled Mar 12 and 19
WCC is now closed for the remainder of winter quarter due Covid-19 concerns. Community & Continuing Education students will be contacted by WCC administrators regarding the cancellation of their class and possible refunds.
Homework for Mar 12
1. Please read again the dialogue and study the vocabulary on the "Al ristorante" handout. You can practice the vocabulary with this Quizlet set.
2. Write (complicated!) directions to a place you pick on the street map on the last page of our old handout. Try to use as many of our new expressions as possible.
3. Please read the dialogues and study the vocabulary on the "All'albergo" handout.
Homework for Mar 05
1. Please study the conjugation of the regular "-are" ending verbs and complete all the exercises on page 2 of the "La stanza di Lucia" handout. To help you memorize the new verbs you can use this Quizlet set. If you missed class you might want to check out the first five minutes of this video that explains the conjugation.
2. Please also read the dialogue and study the vocabulary on the "Al ristorante" handout. You can practice the vocabulary with this Quizlet set.
Homework for Feb 27
1. Please keep studying the new vocabulary on page 1 of the "Pinocchio" handout. You can practice the new vocabulary here on Quizlet. On page 2 read "Due amici differenti" and complete the exercises. To read more about how Italian adjectives work you can read this article. Make sure you read both pages!
2. Read "La stanza di Lucia" on the left hand side of the page and learn the new vocabulary that you find while reading it. You can use this Quizlet set to help you memorize the words. You don't have to do any of the exercises yet on the other side of the sheet.
3. For xtra credit ;-) write a paragraph or two with the title "Bellingham" based on the text we read about Roma.
Homework for Feb 20
1. Study the conjugation of the verb "essere"
2. Please also keep studying the vocabulary on the first page of the "Città" handout (practice here on Quizlet) and complete the 4 exercises on the left hand side on page 2.
3. Read "Roma, kaputt mundi" and complete exercises 2 and 3 on the "Roma" handout.
4. If you have the time you may start studying the new vocabulary on page 1 of the "Pinocchio" handout. You can practice the new vocabulary here on Quizlet.
Homework for Feb 13
1. Please complete the exercises on page 1 "Gender and Number of Italian Nouns" (you can practice the new vocabulary here on Quizlet).
2. Complete the second page of exercises on the "Numbers" handout.
3. Study the new vocabulary we introduced in class on Quizlet by clicking here.
4. Please also keep studying the vocabulary on the first page of the "Città" handout (practice here on Quizlet). You don't have to complete any of the exercises on page 2 yet.
Homework for Feb 06
1. Please continue practicing our basic expressions and learn the numbers from 0 - 1,000,000! You can use this Quizlet flashcard set to practice.
2. Please also study the vocabulary on the first page of the "Città" handout (practice here on Quizlet).
Homework for Jan 30
1. Please learn the vocabulary presented in class pertaining to greetings and basic polite expressions which you can find on this handout.
2. Practice pronunciation on the "L'alfabeto italiano", "Nomi italiani e numeri", and "Sicilia, terra di contrasti" handouts.
|Bellingham Language School|