Please study the vocabulary on pages 34 and 36 and the conjugation of the verb "avoir" on page 39 in Chapter 2. Complete exercise 1 on page 38. You can use our Quizlet classroom to practice the new vocabulary here and here.
Please also translate the following sentences from English to French using a conjugated form of the verb "avoir" and sometimes the expression "il y a". Bad English can sometimes lead to good French ;-).
1. I need to go to the hospital.
2. We need to speak with a doctor.
3. Do you intend to travel in France in (the) summer?
4. We intend to arrive Thursday evening with the train.
5. They don’t intend to stay more than two days.
6. We are hungry. What (do) we eat tonight?
7. Do you need a car to go to the university?
8. She has many problems with the children.
9. We have (some) problems with the tickets.
10. We have a problem with the car.
11. They feel like dancing.
12. I don’t feel like talking to you.
13. Do you have friends in Paris?
14. I have a question for you.
15. Do you have informations (yes, in the plural please) for us?
16. Is it possible to have two tickets for Paris?
17. They don’t need our opinion.
18. He has a lot of experience with American tourists.
19. Are there a lot of cockroaches in the apartment?
20. Do you feel like going to the airport with me?
|Bellingham Language School|