1. Learn the conjugation of the regular "-er" verbs and complete exercises 7, 8 and 9 on pages 40 - 42 in chapter 2. You can learn more about how to conjugate regular -er ending verbs here.
2. To further practice the conjugation of -er verbs please also complete the exercises on this new handout.
3. Please read both pages of this handout and learn the new vocabulary that you find.
1. Please study the new vocabulary on page 36 in Chapter 2. You can use our Quizlet classroom to practice the new vocabulary here or you can use the "Français Interactif" website by clicking here.
2. Please also translate the following sentences from English to French using a conjugated form of the verb "avoir" and sometimes the expression "il y a". Bad English can sometimes lead to good French ;-).
1. I need to go to the hospital.
2. We need to speak with a doctor.
3. Do you intend to travel in France in (the) summer?
4. We intend to arrive Thursday evening with the train.
5. They don’t intend to stay more than two days.
6. We are hungry. What (do) we eat tonight?
7. Do you need a car to go to the university?
8. She has many problems with the children.
9. We have (some) problems with the tickets.
10. We have a problem with the car.
11. They feel like dancing.
12. I don’t feel like talking to you.
13. Do you have friends in Paris?
14. I have a question for you.
15. Do you have informations (yes, in the plural please) for us?
16. Is it possible to have two tickets for Paris?
17. They don’t need our opinion.
18. He has a lot of experience with American tourists.
19. Are there a lot of cockroaches in the apartment?
20. Do you feel like going to the airport with me?
1. Please also study the vocabulary on pages 20 - 21 in Chapter 1. You can use our virtual classroom to practice the new vocabulary on Quizlet by clicking here or you can use the "Français Interactif" website by clicking here.
2. Please also study the new vocabulary on page 34 in Chapter 2. You can use our Quizlet classroom to practice the new vocabulary here or you can use the "Français Interactif" website by clicking here.
3. Learn the conjugation of the verb "avoir" on page 39 which you can also find here.
4. Translate the following sentences from English to French. In some of the sentences you will have to use the expression "il y a":
1. My name is Léa and I am from Paris.
2. Léa is the friend of George.
3. Léa and George are architects, they are not engineers.
4. Are you French?
5. I don’t understand the question. Please repeat.
6. I am a student in French at the university.
7. Are you (pl) at home today?
8. No, we are in the class room with (the) friends.
9. Are you from Bellingham you too?
10. Where is the newspaper?
11. They are not from Paris, they are from Lyon.
12. Where are the suitcases?
13. Please Sir, where is Mrs. Blanche?
1. Please study the new words we introduced in class.
2. Please study the vocabulary of chapter 0 and the numbers from 1 - 69 in chapter 1 page 19.
To help you memorize the new words and expressions you can use this flashcard set on Quizlet by clicking here and/or the Français Interactif site where you can listen to and repeat the words by clicking here.
3. Please also study the first page of vocabulary of chapter 1 (click on the link to find them on Quizlet). You can also listen to the vocabulary and the numbers on the "Français Interactif" website by clicking here.
|Bellingham Language School|