Please complete activities A and B on page 93 on this new handout. If you need to review the possessive adjectives first I recommend this page from the University of Texas.
Also, please review the verb "avoir" and study the idiomatic expressions with "avoir" on pages 94 - 95. There are exercises on page 96 we will do together in class. If you have time to start doing them on your own it's great but if your time is limited don't worry about them.
The next film episode we will watch and work on goes from 9 min 32" to 12". Now that you have your DVDs you can watch ahead if you'd like.
Finally and most importantly, please translate the following sentences using the "aller + inf" and "venir de + inf" structure to express the near future and the recent past:
1. Helene just arrived from Montreal and she is going to launch a program on (the) life in Quebec.
2. They are going to eat a pizza after the match.
3. The girls just started to work in the garden.
4. The dog just ate his dinner.
5. Camille just lost her locket.
6. I'm going to go to the baker to buy a baguette after our lesson.
7. You guys are going to adore my French aunts.
8. Bruno just won the beret of the week.
9. I'm going to get 500 euros for my car, I hope.
10. Are you going to watch this film at home or at the movie theater?
11. Your husband just looked for you.
12. We are going to read the article in French.
13. Are the economists going to explain the Greek situation at the conference?
14. I just understood a very important thing.
15. Did you just move from Marseille?
16. They just spoke with their doctor.
17. I'm not going to mention this to my family.
18. Didn't you just arrive with the last train?
19. We are not going to stay at the school after class, we are going to go to the dentist's.
20. They just noticed (noter) the cake I'm going to cut (couper) for them after the meal.
|Bellingham Language School|