Please read and complete exercises A and B on pages 100 and 101 in the workbook. In the textbook complete exercise C on page 109, exercise C on page 117, study the vocabulary on page 130 and learn the conjugation of the irregular verbs "pouvoir" and "vouloir".
Please complete exercise D on page 96 and exercises B, C and D on page 101 in the textbook. Also, study the vocabulary on pages 108 and 109 and study the conjugation of the verb "faire" and the idiomatic expressions formed with "faire" on pages 116 and 117.
Please complete activity A at the bottom of page 90 and activity A on top of page 93 in the book. Also, study the idiomatic expressions with "avoir" on page 95. No need to do the exercises on page 96 just yet, we will do them together in class. Please also print and bring to class pages 98 - 101. Complete exercises and read paragraph on page 78 in the workbook (cahier). Finally, please translate the following sentences using the "venir de + inf" structure to express recent past:
1. We just arrived from Seattle with flight #4978 and we are not finding our suitcases.
2. My friend just lost her passport.
3. We just explained our situation to the policemen.
4. I just lot my ticket.
5. I just understood their intentions.
6. We just had a drink.
7. Bruno just won the beret of the week.
8. They just spoke with their doctor.
9. Did you just move from Marseilles?
10. Didn't she just call her parents?
11. Didn't you just meet your friends at the cafe?
12. They just worked in the kitchen and now they are going to watch a movie.
Please complete and read page 54 in the workbook (Visionnement 1), and activity A on page 70 in the book. Study the irregular verbs "venir" (page 76 in the book) and "prendre". Also, translate the following sentences from English to French using the verb "aller" and the construction "aller + infinitive".
1. We are going to eat in a restaurant tonight.
2. They are going to go to the dentist's after school.
3. We are not going to understand the doctor in French.
4. You are going to explain your situation to the nice policemen.
5. They are not going to understand our problem.
6. We are going to stay in our room after breakfast for an hour and a half.
7. We are going to leave for Toulouse with the 10:45 train.
8. We are not going to come back after school, we are going to visit the fine arts museum.
9. We are going to pay (for) the room in cash.
10. You are going to adore my French aunts.
11. He is going to give 10 euros for the book.
12. Are you (guys) going to understand the film in French?
13. I'm going to read the newspapers after dinner.
14. I'm not going to talk about this at the meeting on Tuesday.
15. We are not going to stay at home; we are going to play soccer.
On the "pages 25 - 77" handout please complete "Activité, A Canal 7" on page 43, and exercise B on page 45. In class we have already completed activities A and B on page 49 and activities A and B on pages 53 and 54. With this we reviewed the verb être, the -er verbs and the adjectives.
On the "cahier pages 18 - 79" please start with exercise A in the middle of page 18, do exercise B and read the paragraph on page 19. Do the same on page 36. These exercises are based on a film that we started to watch. Those of you who missed class and didn't see the movie episodes will have to do some guesswork or skip some questions. No problem! You will catch up in no time.
|Bellingham Language School|