Homework for June 03
Please translate the following sentences paying attention to the agreement between direct object pronouns and past participles!
1. Marcel and Julie want to give the candies to the dog. They want to give them to him. They gave them to him this morning. Give them to him! Don't give them to him!
2. My parents want to lend the BMW to the neighbors. They want to lend it to them. They lent it to them already . Lend it to them! Don't lend it to them!
3. Chantal wants to show her new sculpture to a group of students. She wants to show it to them. She showed it to them yesterday. Show it to them! Don't show it to them!
4. Simon wants to teach German to his girlfriend. He wants to teach it to her. He taught it to her last year. Teach it to her! Don't teach it to her!
5. My classmate wants to send my poem to his mother, a famous poet. He wants to send it to her. He sent it to her. Send it to her! Don't send it to her!
6. My neighbor wants to give me her cat. She want to give it to me. She gave it to me. Give it to me! Don't give it to me!
7. The teacher wants to offer the best solution to her students. She offers it to them. She didn't offer it to them. Offer it to them! Don't offer it to them!
8. Christine explains the situation to the policemen. She explains it to them. She didn't explain it to them. Explain it to them! Don't explain it to them!
9. Two students present their paper (report) to the other students. They present it to them. They didn't present it to them. Present it to them! Don't present it to them!
10. We always open the door for our parents. We open it for them. We didn't open it for them this time. Open it for them! Don't open it for them!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
|Bellingham Language School|