1. Please watch the next episode of our film that goes from 7:00" to 12:00"; complete the exercises and read the paragraph on pages 78 - 79 on this sheet.
2. Also, study the idiomatic expressions with "avoir" on page 95 on this new handout. No need to do the exercises on the other pages just yet, we will do them together in class.
3. Please also print and bring to class pages 98 - 101.
4. Finally, please translate the following sentences using the "aller + inf" and "venir + de + inf" structures to express the near future and the recent past:
1. We are going to eat in a restaurant tonight.
2. They are going to go to the dentist's after school.
3. We are not going to understand the doctor in French.
4. You are going to explain your situation to the nice policemen.
5. They are not going to understand our problem.
6. We are going to stay in our room after breakfast for an hour and a half.
7. We are going to leave for Toulouse with the 10:45 train.
8. We are not going to come back after school, we are going to visit the fine arts museum.
9. We are going to pay (for) the room in cash.
10. You are going to adore my French aunts.
11. He is going to give 10 euros for the book.
12. Are you (guys) going to understand the film in French?
13. I'm going to read the newspapers after dinner.
14. I'm not going to talk about this at the meeting on Tuesday.
15. We are not going to stay at home; we are going to play soccer.
1. We just arrived from Seattle with flight #4978 and we are not finding our suitcases.
2. My friend just lost her passport.
3. We just explained our situation to the policemen.
4. I just lot my ticket.
5. I just understood their intentions.
6. We just had a drink.
7. Bruno just won the beret of the week.
8. They just spoke with their doctor.
9. Did you just move from Marseilles?
10. Didn't she just call her parents?
11. Didn't you just meet your friends at the cafe?
12. They just worked in the kitchen and now they are going to watch a movie.
|Bellingham Language School|