Please read this article that you can also listen to on the "News in Slow French" site if you have a subscription.
Please translate these sentences using the combination of reflexive pronouns and direct object pronouns:
1. Did you brush (for yourself) the teeth? Yes, I did wash them (for myself). She didn't wash them (for herself). We are washing them (for ourselves) now. They will wash them (for themselves) later. He is not going to wash them (for himself). Wash them for yourself! Let's wash them for ourselves!
2. Did you comb (for yourself) the hair this morning? No, I didn't comb them for myself yet. He will comb them for himself before the guests arrive. They combed them for themselves two minutes ago. Comb them for yourselves! Don't comb them for yourself!
3. Did you chose (for yourself) the biggest slice of pie? I didn't chose it for myself, it's David who served it to me. I wonder why he didn't chose it for himself.
4. Do you remember (se rappeler) the name of this politician? Yes, I remember it (for myself) but they don't remember it (for themselves).
5. Did you buy for yourself the new boots? I haven't bought them yet for myself. She is going to buy them for herself on black Friday. We will buy them for ourselves for xmas. Y'all can't buy them for yourselves because they bought them for themselves.
|Bellingham Language School|