1. Please read again this article that you can also listen to on the "News in Slow French" site if you have a subscription. Write a short composition about "Notre vie dans le futur avec l'intelligence artificielle" using the future tense and your imagination (think about negative and positive aspects) and prepare to talk about it during class.
2. Complete the exercises on this handout and on this handout using the futur simple or the futur antérieur.
1. Please review the conjugation of the future tense. Complete the left side of exercises 1 on this handout. Don't worry about the rest. I know the "futur antérieur" is a new concept, we will discuss it together next class.
2. Please also read this article that you can also listen to on the "News in Slow French" site if you have a subscription. Write a short composition about "Notre vie dans le futur avec l'intelligence artificielle" using the future tense and your imagination (think about negative and positive aspects) and prepare to talk about it during class.
A, Please write two stories in the past based on the images on document 1 and document 2. See instructions and helpful information below:
1. Last night you and your friend went to a party. Your friend drank too much and doesn't remember what happened to him. He only remembers that a nurse slapped him on the face. But why? Help him reconstruct the facts. (image 1: "La fête de Stéphane", image 3: "No, merci, j'ai mal à la tête", image 11: "Bonsoir")
2. Your roommate suffers from sleepwalking and last night he did strange things. You woke up and followed him in his "adventure". He, of course, doesn't remember anything. He only remembers that at a certain point he was naked on the balcony. But why? Explain to him what happened. (image 3: "Il est mieux de ne pas le réveiller")
B, Please also read this article that you can also listen to on the "News in Slow French" site if you have a subscription.
Next class we will have a trial! Someone from our class stole my prized pig, Carson and we have to find the culprit. The crime happened Monday, Nov 11 evening between 6:00 and 8:00. Working in pairs (Celia
with Janet, Jan with Diana, Thomas with Ryan), please work out your bullet proof alibis in French (as detailed as possible) that will stand up to the scrutiny of the panel of judges: Laura, Jann, Lynn and Michel. You will have to answer to the judges' questions using the past tenses.
Please review the rules of using imparfait vs passé composé and complete as many of the exercises on this handout as you can. You can consult pages 267, 270, 296 in the "Débuts" book or any other grammar book you might have.
1. Please finish exercises 1 - 3 on our passé composé handout.
2. Review the conjugation of the imparfait. Prepare to talk about your childhood (descriptions and habitual actions in the past = imparfait) by writing 5-6 personal statements for each of the following categories:
-mon caractère, mon aspect physique (j'étais blonde et grande, etc)
-ma famille (nous habitions à ..., mon père travaillait dans un bureau et ma mère restait à la maison, etc...)
-à l'école (j'adorais la récréation mais je détestais lire... etc...)
-mes amis, mes jeux, mes sports préféres (mon meilleur ami s'appelait... etc...)
-à table (je mangeais beaucoup de... , je ne voulais pas manger de..., etc...)
Please be creative and write as much as you can!
3. Voici une chanson française classique qui utilise l'imparfait et le passé composé pour pratiquer les conjugaisons en s'amusant! ;-)
Please review the passé composé of regular and irregular verbs and complete the exercises on our new worksheet.
|Bellingham Language School|